For students whose schools require remote study, the Levi Heywood Memorial Library is happy to proctor paper exams only subject to staff availability and the requirements of the school. We are unable to proctor online exams. Please note the following guidelines:
- Exams will be administered during the Library’s regular operating hours. Exams may not exceed 3 hours in length and must be completed 30 minutes before the Library closes.
- The Library will provide an individual conference room. Students are responsible for supplying all materials needed (pencils, erasers, pens, papers, calculators) to complete the test.
- Exams will be proctored by the Librarian on duty at the Reference desk at the time the exam is scheduled. Proctors will not monitor a student continuously during the exam but will check periodically to enforce time limits and other rules set forth in the exam materials. Cell phones are not allowed in testing rooms.
- Proctors cannot interpret test instructions or discuss examination content with the student.
- Proctors will not enter personal information (Social Security number, home contact information) on the proctoring materials nor attest to having the student under observation at all times during the exam.
- At the time of testing, the student must provide current photo identification and the name on the identification must match the name on the exam documents.
- The Library does not charge a fee to proctor exams, nor will it incur any expenses associated with providing this service. The student must provide an addressed stamped envelope for materials that need to be mailed.
- The Library is not responsible for completed tests that are not received by the testing institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm the institution’s receipt of completed test materials.
- The Library will not administer GED tests. These requests will be referred to the official Massachusetts Testing Center at Mt. Wachusett Community College.
- If it is determined that the proctoring request is unreasonable or the demands are too burdensome to administer, the Library reserves the right to deny this service.
To print an Exam Proctoring Request Form click here